Thursday, April 22, 2010

Swampin' Shoppin' at the Alternative Fair

I went over to the Alternative Fair, and was overwhelmed with the coolness of the temporary build. I also had to read the sign by the swamp. World Malaria Day is April 25th, and the organizers of the event (namely the owners of the Pulse, Nomine, Sn@tch City and New Kadath Sims) decided to support the Nothing But Nets Campaign. Every 10 USD raised through this event will buy a bed net that can keep an African family free of worry about malaria for years to come. Every 30 seconds a child in Africa dies from malaria. Help the children, peeps. There's donation jars all over the Fair and all the designers have special vendors with outfits where 50 percent of the proceeds go to charity. Like the one where I bought this L$100 outfit from Wretched Dollies. Star is one of my favorite designers, and I was so happy to find her at the Fair. Gaia's Sonata in Blue is a fab outfit with a lot of options. You receive both female and male versions, and Star makes her stuff trans for easy gift giving, so not only do you get to look hot, your man can too. Please read her EULA and follow her wishes so she continues to allow trans/mod on her items. The hair is Nightshade Elena, and the shoes are Black Arts Demonia Bat. Black Arts has an awesome outlet store here that helped me when I started on sl, and a crown as their special item. And what goth doesn't like to wear a crown once in awhile? I'm also a mad hatter, and the top hat that came with this outfit is to die for, big and velvety with nice curves and a blue rose and nosegay on the brim. The Ginger hair in Storm from the L$50 wall at Nightshade goes perfectly with this suit, and I love my skins from the lucky chairs at Rasetsukoku. Here I am, having a cup o' tea in a sea of mushrooms, all from the Tuft Alyce set; except the sitting shroom, from Dilly Dolls. I'm quite spent after my adventures at the Alternative Fair, it'll be nice to be in a wonderland for awhile. The Fair runs until May 2nd. Don't be late for this very important date!

No comments:

Post a Comment